Most of you have heard by now that Georgia is now under the order to “shelter in place”. This means that Georgians can leave their homes for “essential” reasons OR to go to a job that is considered part of an essential business. For more on what “shelter in place” means read here.
We have received inquiries since the announcement from customers wondering if we will still be able to complete work at their residence or set up any new service calls. The answer is YES. Progressive Heating, Air and Plumbing will remain open to receive service calls for the duration of this pandemic, no matter how long it may last. Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing services are considered essential services to the health and safety of our community.
Our field staff are taking every precaution while running their service calls including but not limited to a zero contact process:
- Calling customers from another room or their vehicle to go over findings and diagnosis of issues
- Emailing estimates to be signed and approved online
- Sanitizing hands, tools, phones and tablets before and after each visit
- Remaining at a 6 foot distance whenever possible
- Our office is asking each customer if they have been diagnosed or asked to self-isolate due to COVID-19 and if so, we will request to come out 14 days from the diagnosis.