WE’RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD PEOPLE!!
Progressive Heating and Air has been in the HVAC business since 1984. Honesty, dependability and having a great attitude are some of the top key qualities we look for in our employees. If you possess those qualities, print the application out and bring it in to our office at 9 Tower Place, email it to email@example.com or fax it to us at 770-253-2654.
Now Hiring-HVAC Technician
Are you cool under pressure? Do you have an electric personality?
We offer a company vehicle, competitive wages with an excellent benefit package, 401K, paid holidays and vacation time. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of air conditioning & heating systems part/components and their applications.
- Read and understand equipment wiring diagrams and be able to troubleshoot and repair based on the above knowledge.
- Proficiency in the diagnosis of HVAC controls and equipment problems and to recommend the repair or replacement of said equipment as to be in the best interest of the customer.
- The recovery and charging of refrigerants used in AC equipment and to follow all EPA mandates for refrigerant recovery.
- To write and communicate, on a daily basis, legible and comprehensive service tickets and report to dispatch labor and materials used.
- Communication with customers regarding the nature of the repair, replacement or installation.
- The adherence to all safety procedures set forth in the Engineering Excellence Safety Handbook and facility/customer safety programs.
- Ability to be on an “On-Call” rotation and take emergency after hour service requests
Technicians will provide maintenance, startups and troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair various commercial/residential heating and cooling systems. They will meet with customers, evaluate needs and make recommendations. Technician documents work performed and submits timely and accurately.
An HVAC service technician requires a high school diploma/GED, CFC certification or HVAC related journeymen license or equivalent industrial/commercial experience.
An HVAC service technician must have the ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative in servicing customers and maintaining positive customer relations and great communication skills.
An HVAC service technician must have strong knowledge of HVAC, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance – must be proficient in the recovery and charging of refrigerants used in AC equipment and to follow all EPA mandates for refrigerant recovery.
- Drug Free and able to pass Criminal Background Check
- alid Driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Minimum 5 years experience in the service & repair of roof-top units and on all types of commercial & industrial equipment
- Knowledge of unit & building controls
- Ability to work independently
- EPA Universal license
- Ability to climb ladders, work at high elevations & lift object up to 75 lbs
- Technicians are required to work a regular work schedule and flexibility to work on call and holiday rotation schedules with a courteous professional attitude.