• Benefits of Duct Sealing – A duct system that is well-designed and properly sealed can make your home more comfortable, energy efficient and safer.
• Comfort – Sealing and insulating ducts can help with common comfort problems, such as rooms that are too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter.
• Indoor Air Quality – Fumes from household and garden chemicals, insulation particles and dust can enter your duct system, aggravating asthma and allergy problems. Sealing ducts can help improve indoor air quality by reducing the risk of pollutants entering ducts and circulating through your home.
• Safety – During normal operation, gas appliances such as water heaters, clothes dryers and furnaces release combustion gases [like carbon monoxide] through their ventilation systems. Leaky ductwork in your heating and cooling system may cause ‘back drafting’, where these gases are drawn back into the living space, rather than expelled to the outdoors. Sealing leaks can minimize this risk.
• Save Money – Leaky ducts can reduct heating and cooling system efficiency by as much as twenty percent. Sealing and insulating ducts increases efficiency, lowers your energy bills, and can often pay for itself in energy savings. Plus, if you’re planning to install new heating and cooling equipment, a well-designed and sealed duct system may allow you to downsize to a smaller, less costly heating and cooling system that will provide better dehumidification.
• Protect the Environment – Energy used in our homes often comes from the burning of fossil fuels at power plants, which contributes to smog, acid rain, and global warming. Simply put, the less energy we use in our homes, the less air pollution we generate. By sealing your ducts and reducing the amount of energy necessary to comfortably heat or cool your home, you can reduce the amount of air pollution generated.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
Information courtesy of Energy Star