Should I install a Whole-House Dehumidifier System?
When you think of dehumidifiers, it’s common to picture a free-standing, portable unit you pick up at Lowes, Home Depot or similar.
But did you know you can have a single dehumidifier installed in one location, such as your attic, to treat your home’s entire air volume?
If humidity is an issue in your home or for your household, a whole-house dehumidifier is an efficient, effective remedy to improve your indoor air quality.
And they’re not just a remedy for summer months, but a year-round remedy as well!
First of all, why would you want or need a dehumidifier in your home?
- If you or anyone in your household suffers from health issues such as sinuses, difficulty breathing due to swollen nasal cavities, allergies, asthma, etc., lowering the humidity throughout your home will help.
- You’ll also want to reduce the amount of moisture in the air to keep the likelihood of mold and spore exposure at bay.
- Dehumidification also helps improve the overall indoor air quality in your home, keeping your household cool and comfortable.
Why opt for a whole-house dehumidifier vs the portable dehumidifiers we mentioned earlier?
- A portable dehumidifier will only treat a small area in your home, which is fine if that’s truly all you need. But if you’re in need of dehumidification in several rooms or areas, a whole-house system does what it says – treats the air volume in your whole house, conveniently from one place.
- A whole-house dehumidifier helps your A/C do its job better since it’s powerful, takes less energy to run, and removes moisture at a level your A/C unit is unable to deliver on its own.
- With less humidity throughout your entire home, your A/C unit can cool your home more efficiently and thus lower cooling bills.
- Portable dehumidifiers can be unsightly, noisy and take up floor space. Whole-house dehumidifiers are discreet and completely out of the way.
- Whole-house dehumidifiers provide better overall value for investment compared to purchasing multiple units for every room.
Installation is relatively quick – usually within a day, depending on the application.
And, if we install it for you, we maintain it for you as well to help add to your peace of mind!
Give us a call today to see if a Whole-House Dehumidifier would benefit your home and household.
Call our office at: 770-692-4138